2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering previous purchases or account details. Most Internet browsers support cookies; however, users can set their browsers to decline certain types of cookies or specific cookies. Further, users can delete cookies at any time (see below). There are various categories of cookies, including: Session and Persistent Cookies:
- Session Cookies: are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser. We use session cookies, including PHPSESSID, ifso_last_viewed.
- Persistent Cookies: are cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them. We use persistent cookies, including ifso_visit_counts, ip2location_redirection_first_visit, _GRECAPTCHA.
- First-Party Cookies: are cookies set by the website that you are visiting at that time, either by us, or by a third party at our request.
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to use the features of our Services. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. In summary, these cookies enable services you have specifically asked for and make using our services possible.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. If the same cookie is used for re-targeting they must be included in the ‘Targeting or advertising cookies’ category as well. It might also include cookies that are used to deliver a specific function, but where that function includes cookies used for behavioral/targeted advertising networks they must be included in the ‘Targeting and advertising cookies’ category as well as this category.|
|Targeting or Advertising Cookies||These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organizations. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.|
- Third-Party Cookies: are cookies that are set up by a party other than that of the website you are visiting. If you visit the Respiri website or use the Services and another party sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
These cookies allow us to operate the Services you have requested, for example, they let us recognize what type of user you are and then provide you with services accordingly.
Performance and Analytics
These cookies let us operate the Services according to your preferences. For example, when you continue to use or come back to the Services, we can provide you with our services based on information you provide to us, such as remembering your username and how you have customized our services.
We use these cookies and other similar technologies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests, including internet-based advertising. The information may also be used to record how many times you have been served a particular advertisement and to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly, and to otherwise help us measure their effectiveness.
We work with website publishers, application developers, advertising networks, and service providers to deliver advertisements and other content promoting Respiri on other web sites and services. Cookies and other similar technologies may be used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on other websites, applications, and devices, and to regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
4. HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES
We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
You may also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for details on how to delete or reject cookies and for further information on cookies generally. By using our website without deleting or rejecting some or all cookies, you agree that we can place those cookies that you have not deleted or rejected on your device.